There are three camps here:
1 Hell yes, we had one!
2 Not sure.
3 Hell no, we did not!

I fall into category 2.

I posted about this a couple years back and several people said it was set up at the old Pizza Jo spot, which currently houses Cash Traders.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/4bf/34119295/files/2015/01/img_0807.jpg

Pic from http://therightcoastnovascotia.blogspot.ca/2009/08/k-lick-chick.html?m=1

Soooo…. Which is it? Does anyone have pics? Documentation? A good story?

1. Margaret says:

Number 3 from me.

2. Barry says:

1 didn’t last very long, but we had one and it was at the Pizza Joe location.

3. Heather Clarke says:

Yup, we had one around 1981 in the old Pizza Jo location. My mother used to go and order all the kids lunches on Friday . Then we’d walk over from Acadia school and have our fried chicken .- Heather Clarke

4. Liz says:

I’ve been here in Sackville since 1972 and I can unequivocally say the WE DID have a Lik-A-Chick! I was in grade 7 at Sackville Heights Junior High so you can imagine all the comments about this restaurant at school! The boys thought it hilarious to loudly announce that they were going to “Lik-A-Chick for supper”. I’m almost positive it opened in 1973. I think it only lasted a year or two before they closed and Pizza Jo opened.

5. Steve says:

definitely did indeed, Barry is bang on

6. Joseph says:

It originated in Bras D’or area of Cape Breton and opened while I attended Sydney Academy and also opened a few locations on the mainland.. Since I graduated in 1972 I think Liz is pretty close with the date. Also believe there was a Halifax location…. possibly Quinpool Rd.or Spring Garden.

7. Ross Haynes says:

Ooo! A & K was founded just outside Sydney in CB. You could not miss A & K as you drove on the old Trans Can into Sydney. They did a franchise deal with Halifax based businessmen and 2 opened. One in Halifax on Young Street near Agricola and the other in Lwr Sackville. The photo above is, I recall from the CB location. It had some notoriety and actually made it to a an odd names joke play-on-words in PlayBoy magazine in the 70’s. All in all a funny memory of a business on the verge of greatness with really great tasty chicken but the name just was a burden. The franchises folded and the CB founding operation continued for some time.
    Ross Haynes

• Nathan Burns says:

The original is still going strong although the Cheticamp branch switched to Mr. Chicken some time ago

8. lori longley says:

Yep, orange at the time but definately there was a Lick -a-Chick.